Surface interval reading on the Mares Nemo Ti

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orangelemon:
I looked for the SI also but find it no problem working out, think this is one of the best computers around and is the only computer people can use without reading the manual

Opps, I had read the manual. :coffee:

hence my IQ could have been below par.....

DuboisP:
it's a vital information if you dive without computer, with tables.
with it, it's only a useful information.

I dived 2 years with a Mares M1 RGBM, without that information provided, and this lack didn't bother me.
I know when I went out, I know when I go in.
For that, I'm using a watch, and my brain.

This is case, why bother to buy a DC when you are using your watch, brain (and perhaps) a table ?

The purpose of a DC is tool of console of dive data and tabulation. I paid good $$$ for it and reasonably expects it to provide this service. I am not a tri-mix diver trying to use this for a tri-mix dive, it is not designed for that (i think so). But a leisure diver's tool.

What good is average dive time and average depth ?

Yes yes, someone did say, why didn't I ask here which is better Aladin, Sunnto, Mares, Oceanic etc etc.

Anyway. I had been told my O'Hara of Mares that SI is not found on the Nemo.

No matter now, i had bought it with certain reasonable expectation, and had not read the (online) manual before paying for it..... can't do much about it now.

Just continue to be the laughing stock of my dive group.

Buyers beware

Cheers....

Snoopy:
This is case, why bother to buy a DC when you are using your watch, brain (and perhaps) a table ?

What good is average dive time and average depth ?
because deco are easier to calculate with a DC, because I can get the profile, and so on....
watch, redondant gauge, and tables ( and brain :wink: ) are here for redundancy and security, in case of failure.
average dive time and average depth are fun to know, but you can compute them by transfering the profiles on a PC, and it's not important.

good vibes, good dives

Not important at all, just like desat & no-fly time.

.... and it is really out of topic for this thread.

Mares Sucks....

DuboisP:
average dive time and average depth are fun to know, but you can compute them by transfering the profiles on a PC, and it's not important.

good vibes, good dives

Snoopy:
Mares Sucks....

Well, I wouldn't go that far, but leaving SI off the watch was pretty stupid. It is a DIVE watch and should showcase the major info we divers look for. I mean, SI is on every paper log you fill out.

What’s the purpose of actually logging the surface interval?

Preserve it for prosperity?

If you get bent and they want to know why you are suddenly thrashing about on the deck then your last SI can be calculated by looking at the dive log on the computer.

For dive planning you only need a rough idea how long you've been up, if that: the dive planning feature on the computer will tell you your limits on the next dive no matter what your SI is.

For logging dives then just record their duration and when the dives commenced: thats all the info required and its in the computers log. I didn’t think any computer separately provided an actual SI duration value in its log files.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Tassie_Rohan:
What’s the purpose of actually logging the surface interval?

snipped...

I didn’t think any computer separately provided an actual SI duration value in its log files.

You might want to track you NDL on paper as well as on the computer just in case. Sure it can be done with a watch, but it'd be handy to have the computer do it too.

My Oceanic shows you the SI as well, it's pretty common from what I've seen.

SI on log file.

If you did not use the info on your own DC, it is fine.

But I will tell you this :L

My Aladin Pro does.
My buddy's Sunnto (D6, D9, Stinger & Vyper) does.
My Mares Nemo TI, DOES NOT

Tassie_Rohan:
I didn’t think any computer separately provided an actual SI duration value in its log files.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom