Surface interval reading on the Mares Nemo Ti

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoopy

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Repost here, as I did not get any response.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

======================================================

I just got a new Nemo Ti last month.

Took it on the median trip to Komodo Islands LOB, the very next week.

The reading was big & nice . I was happy with it.

I tried looking for the surface interval reading. Could not find it.

It has bottom time, no-fly and desaturation time, but no surface interval between dives ! Took the manual and start hunting for it. Can't find it.

The fellow divers on the LOB also tried to help (and everyone is a Sunnto user, the D6 gang I would say). Gave up and I became the laughing stock in the ship !

Can anyone kindly direct me to find this elusive setting or button ?

Appreciate in advance

Hopefully someone with a Nemo will be able to answer your question for you. That really blows. I always liked the "look" of the Nemo.

For me, having to hunt for SI info between dives would be a critical error for a dive comp. It's one of their main purposes. Hiding the info in nested menus or such is not cool.

Yes. I hoped that I was the one who did not understand the english in the manual.

But when you have a few friends, including my dive buddies, going thru the DC and the manual with you . It is nearly impossible that we could have missed it. Unless the Italians has another name for this set of data.

Until this vital info is found, I think Mares Nemo Ti really is a lemon deal for me.

I don't think the Nemo TELLS you the SI. What I do is calculate the difference between my end time of last dive and start time of next. Takes a wee bit of math but not too difficult. I believe BT mode will give you the gauge information you need.

The data needed to provide this information is available, yes yes. I know that.

But after spending so much $$$$$, to get the basic data like SI, I have to buy a $5 calculator to calculate ! Come on, gimme a break !

I believe that SI is a vital information. Unless there is a new style of diving instructions which teaches ignorance of SI, that I am not aware of in PADI, SSI, SDI and DAN (my c-cards)

It is not like asking what is the salinity or acidity of the seawater, which only makes sense to the marine biologist.

I haven't found it too tough to caluclate, and certainly not worthy of using a calculator. If you really want to grouse, what about it not telling you the average depth? Now that's an issue (requiring a calculator). Anyway, I love my Nemo but dreampt last night that it's battery ran out on a dive. I'd better check it!

I looked for the SI also but find it no problem working out, think this is one of the best computers around and is the only computer people can use without reading the manual

The SUUNTO d6 AND D9 are ok but the compass is a bit tricky to use and the d9 is way overpriced

Snoopy:
I believe that SI is a vital information.
it's a vital information if you dive without computer, with tables.
with it, it's only a useful information.

I dived 2 years with a Mares M1 RGBM, without that information provided, and this lack didn't bother me.
I know when I went out, I know when I go in.
For that, I'm using a watch, and my brain.

Back
Top Bottom