Sure is shallow!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck:
Diverite has a new hand held 10 watt but I am not sure for the price tag it is better than the canister version. Can lights are great used from a rep manufacture. However, bulbs are about $100.00 each.

Hey guys what platforms can you get in at? I am guessing No. 3 and maybe No. 1?

Thanks, Andrew

One of these days, I'll be able to afford to buy one. I know good deals can be had on HIDs but seems they are never there when my bank acct isn't at rock bottom!

As far as the lake level, you're right you can still get in at stairs one and three. The platforms are about one foot ABOVE water now.

Ahhh, that’s were that disappeared to; I was curious what happened there.
You do realize that is a 50watt Halogen light?

Because it is a solid canister (not the combined MLS units) but the newer ‘classic container’ video folks are still using that model.

Good luck with the referb and retro fit.
I would not be surprised it you made an independent BC for that little monster to offset some of the weight. Something you could set the buoyancy at 15ft and just leave it at that. Great use for a MSA 4Ltr water bag.

Andrew

texdiveguy:
Andrew, I am in the process of referbing an older Dive Rite Classic Wreck canister,,,'Big Bertha'..she is as big as a pony bottle--lol,, but on the 'bright' side she packs 50 watts...and can double as a heating element on si's. :)

Crazyduck:
Ahhh, that’s were that disappeared to; I was curious what happened there.
You do realize that is a 50watt Halogen light?

Because it is a solid canister (not the combined MLS units) but the newer ‘classic container’ video folks are still using that model.

Good luck with the referb and retro fit.
I would not be surprised it you made an independent BC for that little monster to offset some of the weight. Something you could set the buoyancy at 15ft and just leave it at that. Great use for a MSA 4Ltr water bag.

Andrew

Actually the unit has prior history,,,,was left on consignment from another diver I know ...but the shop ended up with it,,,anyways....has an extra 50watt bulb...o-ring....metal Goodman handle and charger.....the 00' battery pack is toast! Yea I have considered a small DPV unit just for Big Bertha--lol :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom