Supporting and Sponsoring Member Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One autopay has paid 7 x $39.95 = $279.65. That is correct and as it should be for the 7 years I've been a Supporter.

The other has paid 3 x $39.95 = $119.85. Which means for the last 3 years, I've been getting double charged, for a total amount of $119.85.

I'm not positive, but I think that is the question you're asking?
Ahh, I'd missed the multiples.....Hey, you could be a Sponsor!

In July a few years ago, I made a special plea as most of my advertisers had dried up due to Covid. I had a 75% loss of revenue overnight, and while I got a slew of new supporters, many of my veteran supporters gave again, which was fricken awesome and allowed me to eat for a bit. So, if you're double pledged and don't want to be there are any number of options.

First, I can't turn off your PayPal subscriptions. Only you can do that within PayPal. Please turn off the ones you don't want.

Second, there are many ways to make the double/triple payments up to you once you go through your PayPal subscriptions.
Refund through PayPal. Please DM me what you think I owe you and why.​
Upgrade you to the Sponsor level for a year or three. DM me what you think I owe you and why.​
Extend your current subscription to match what you've put in! Again, DM me what you think I owe you and why.​
Create your own solution and surprise me! Just DM me what you're thinking an why!​
Don't expect me to quibble about it: your word is good enough for me.​

Remember, I don't get to touch your PayPal account. I don't send them a notice to bill you, as it's all internal with them. You have to go in and edit what you want and don't want to be charged. I was surprised at some of the things in my subscription list there and over on Amazon. Whew!

FWIW, I really appreciate everyone's support!!! I don't deserve it, but it really, really helped for the last three years with the Covid crisis and with me having to devote most of my time caring for my recently deceased sister. Yes, it still helps as I dig out from past bills I had to put on my CCs. I now refer to July as the PayPal month, as I get about a quarter of my PayPal donations for the year in the middle of that month. You guys are way, way awesome. When you consider all the forums that are no more because of revenue loss due to Facebook and then Covid, I am extremely lucky to have y'all as friends and supporters. To say I'm grateful is an understatement.

My supporter account upgrade was renewed via PayPal on Feb 20,2023.
My account status does not reflect this as of March 4. Hope that you received my payment.
cheers....bill

Checking to see if my supporting member went though. PayPal payment was on 2-21. Don’t mean to be a pain but mostly use my phone on scubaboard to view and the ads really hamper it on mobile. Thanks in advance.

Could someone update my supporter status, please? Transaction ID: 3L7635256R880744U, paid Nov 22.

Could someone update my supporter status, please? Transaction ID: 3L7635256R880744U, paid Nov 22.
Thanks so much for your continued support

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom