Support my LDS? Really?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many would say that an LDS nine states away is their local shop, the goods being dropped at their doorstep at a great price with no shipping and no tax.
The one problem that still hasn't been worked out are those darn air fills.
Maybe local fire departments can get into the act and start selling fills to the public to help fund the maintenance on their compressors which
now is a dead expense on the municipalities' coffers.
Or we might start seeing more mobile air stations set up at popular dive sites on the weekends.

The one problem that still hasn't been worked out are those darn air fills.

Yeah that and a few other minor things....Last I checked, leisurepro didn't book trips, repair equipment, or offer training either. There are some "intangibles" that happen with a good shop too. Mine does charity events, hosts monthly pot-lucks for customers, has open pool nights organizes "dive-ins" and a host of other community building things

Yeah that and a few other minor things....Last I checked, leisurepro didn't book trips, repair equipment, or offer training either. There are some "intangibles" that happen with a good shop too. Mine does charity events, hosts monthly pot-lucks for customers, has open pool nights organizes "dive-ins" and a host of other community building things

Anyone can book thier own dive trips. Airfare and hotel can be done through dozens of websites, and most dive ops will pick you up at your hotel.
There are plenty of places to repair equipment, even online places. SHOCK! There are plenty of REAL dive shops that are also online. Even <horror> Liesurepro <horror> has a real storefront and does equipment servicing. Last time I checked, most all dive spots have shops with compressors nearby.

Please use reality when formulating your arguements, not tired old cliches.

Yeah that and a few other minor things....Last I checked, leisurepro didn't book trips....

You don't really need a dive shop to book a trip. Most of the time I just call the boat directly.

Ok so apparently I came off as an idiot who doesn't understand google or telephones. Of course I can book my own dive trips. What I don't care to do is try to find a dozen more people to go with me so I can get group rates.....and its actually kind of nice to pop in to the shop, visit with friends, and say oh, by the way, when is the next rig trip? If you aren't into that, then by all means, find a guy on craigslist to service your reg and have a ball. My point really went to the community that forms around a GOOD shop.

---------- Post Merged at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Please use reality when formulating your arguements, not tired old cliches.

*Eyeroll* Whatever. You do realize that the guys question was about whether a dive shop an hour away is a problem when there is a closer one....don't you?

HAHAHA! I just noticed you are an instructor. OF COURSE you want new, inexperienced divers to think you are thier only option. Last time I checked, the only person who gets a "deal" out of those group packages is the shop owner who sets them up and goes for free. I can book travel and dives just as cheap or cheaper than those dive shop trips.

But please, continue to spew your "my LDS is the only way" garbage.

HAHAHA! I just noticed you are an instructor. OF COURSE you want new, inexperienced divers to think you are thier only option. Last time I checked, the only person who gets a "deal" out of those group packages is the shop owner who sets them up and goes for free. I can book travel and dives just as cheap or cheaper than those dive shop trips.

But please, continue to spew your "my LDS is the only way" garbage.

Again. WHATEVER. I don't work for a dive shop, I teach about 2-3 classes a year and I go on trips with them. I do it for fun. I have a job that pays about 10x what I could make working there. I pay for 3/4 of the trips I go on, and work my ass off to make customer's trips go smoothly for the one I don't pay for....but I enjoy that too. The last cozumel trip I went on was under $700 (7 nights) for airfare, hotel, a three tank boat trip per day, and unlimited air fills....oh and breakfast. I don't know where you're booking your cheap travel but I'm thinking that would be tough to beat. I also live a short walk from the gulf coast, so we do local diving here from actual boats, and they charge within a few $ of what the boat charges when booked directly.

Also AT WHAT POINT did I say ANYTHING about the "only way"?? You don't know jack about me buddy, so if you wanna talk smack you might wanna learn something first. Then again, I do most of my diving in actual water. Judging by your post count I'm guessing most of yours is done right here.

Last edited:
How did this even become about Leisure Pro?

images

Also AT WHAT POINT did I say ANYTHING about the "only way"?? You don't know jack about me buddy, so if you wanna talk smack you might wanna learn something first. Then again, I do most of my diving in actual water. Judging by your post count I'm guessing most of yours is done right here.

Again, HAHA! I love it when new users join and start making the same tired old attacks. "you don't live next to the ocean, so aren't a real diver"..... and of course, "You actually post on this forum so must never dive". Your attacks are just pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom