Super Macro with Nauticam SMC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good question Chile. I had to look :). There is a 20% crop used to straighten and center the shrimp.

thanks...was just curious. haven't used the SMC (or any other diopter for that matter) with my 60mm...I assume DOF issues come into play when you open up the aperture?

I found the difference the SMC had with my 60mm lens was not signicant enough to deal with the loss of working distance and DOF.

Agree that using DOF to blur background for subject separation is a good creative tool.

I find I get the most out of the SMC when used with the 100mm lens and a flip lens holder.

I found the difference the SMC had with my 60mm lens was not signicant enough to deal with the loss of working distance and DOF...

that's what i was curious about since i am very happy with the performance of the 60mm by itself...not sure i want to add a diopter yet.

Back
Top Bottom