Super Macro with Nauticam SMC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just looked. Yeah, it is...very interesting.

Stunning pictures. Great DOF for such a strong lens. I guess they're not kidding about the glass optimized for one wet side.

The SMC + 100mm on the 7D (cropped sensor) is about as much as I want to pursue magnification wise. I can't imagine stacking or otherwise trying even more magnification. Adding a teleconverter into the equation might lengthen working distance while also making it even more difficult to use with an even narrower field of view.

As it is. Subject to lens distance is right around 2 inches.

Yes, all in Anilao. Our little piece of macro paradise in the Philippines.

We left there less than a week ago, after a 12 day stay with Tim and the backpackers crew. Macro paradise for sure. Just wow. It was like a macro masterclass for me.

May I ask what your strobe details and positions are here? Light quality is excellent.

Cheers. I'm very taken with the reflections inside the shrimp here.

Here are two rhino shrimp that I did not post the first time. These are about 12mm long

1507929_624477624291739_2040763358_n.jpg

1689787_623892464350255_145557885_n.jpg

looks like i need to shell out for one of those lenses... damn,

Does anyone know how the Nauticam SMC would work on the Canon 60 mm macro lens?

Nauticam says it is compatible, but somewhere on the Bluewater site, they say they don't recommend it with the 60 mm. I am guessing it is probably because the 60 mm already has a short working distance, so you don't gain much with the SMC. Does anyone have an opinion, or even better, real world experience with it?

cheers and happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom