Sunshine Coast Sechelt BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CustomTech

Reaction score
I lead my first Dive trip the weekend of June. 23-25th.

We went to the Sunshine Coast Sechelt BC. It was awesome. We stay with Kal & Ann at Porpoise Bay Charters. They went above and beyond the call of duty. The rooms are very nice, I was down in the Boat house (might be because I snore) Ann does a great job on the cooking. Kal runs the boat along with Skipper Ruth. They have two boats that go out. The first one is warm and dry for traveling to and from the dive sites. The second boat is an open skiff with places for all your dive gear. There is room enough for 20+ divers. You enter and exit the water from the skiff. (I say skiff but it is over 30” long). The skiff can be used by its self. It has 2 big Honda 150’s on the back.

We made 6 dives.
We arrived on Friday afternoon. Did a check out dive in the evening.

Saturday
Coffee at 7 and breakfast at 8 Eggs Benedict incredible
There were 3 dives on Saturday lunch and snacks were included on the boat.

Sunday

2 Dives in the morning with lunch served back at the house before we headed back to Oregon.
Kal watches the Tides and decides with the trip leaders as to which dives to do.
The Tazoomie drift at 4+ knots was like flying and an incredible dive.

We loved it so much that we have already book a 3-day trip in Nov. It takes right at 9 hours to get there from Salem. That also includes the ferryboat ride from Horseshoe Bay.

Back
Top Bottom