Sunken House/Gardner Lake-CT/Dove?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So what ever happened with this idea? I am just getting certified and am looking for things to do around CT. This sounds like a really neat one! If anyone is willing to go with a newb I have several small boats we could outfit, just little aluminums with a trolling motor, etc. Point being, we can certainly make it a boat dive if shore is some distance. If the ramp allows for it I also have a 20ft fiberglass boat to use w/motor, etc. Feel free to PM me!

Rob

Turns out the house is haunted. We dove it last year and were able to find it because we heard the sound of a piano playing. As we approached the house a ghost drove us away and my buddies speargun was of no use since it went through the ghost.

Well anyway it may be down there. We have heard that its just a scattering of wood in 10-15 ft of water near shore from a diver who was guided to it by a local but the article says its in 40 ft of water (which is a small area) which would put it just East of the island NOT JUST OFFSHORE in 10-15 ft of water. I actually believe its in 40 ft of dark water and would love to give a search patten a try. We could anchor at the island and with a few spare tanks, go out from the island and run a few search patterns.

On a similar vein, and not to hijack the thread, the lake formed by the damming of the Deerfield river in southern Vermont flooded an entire town! I'm pretty sure it's called Lake Wittington and is a popular swimming/boating/fishing lake. There are supposed to be many buildings down there, some up to 3 stories! I read about this while reading a history of the Hoosac Tunnel, Wilmington Railroad. The RR was laid out towrds the end of the centry to bring lumber to teh factories of the Deerfield River Valley. THe builders built the Hoosac Tunnel, the greatest engineerig marvel of it's day, by blasting thru 4 miles of granite mountain. The RR was in operation as a freight RR for about 20 years. Eventually they decided it was more cost effective to dam the river and build the factories there and so that's what they did, flooding several small towns in the process. I'd be all over the idea of heading up there for a weekend if anyone esle is game. Don't know of any scuba shops in the area, I found one online over the winter and wrote them but never heard back. It's in the Wilmington,VT area.
Buehler? Buehler?
Paul

Back
Top Bottom