Sunfish Pond - dont let a boy do a man's job

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@lowviz good luck on the shoulder recovery. Mine are messed up a bit too - got to be careful in my dotage.:wink:

That is a lot of data to be collected!

(Started this post @ 6am and then got distracted looking for a floating GPS enabled depth-sounding drone. Unfortunately doesn't seem to be a mass-market Item yet.)

Did Sunfish Pond today. The hard way. Up Tammany then fire road on the Kittatinny Ridge to SP. Back on the AT to the parking lot. (I’ve learned that parking in the second lot makes it easier when you return).

Max temp was over 101F on my Kestrel. Average temp was 97F. Not bad for a 59 yr old with a bad knee and steel shoulder. Next time I’m doing the Dunnfield Trail to get shade!

...//... That is a lot of data to be collected!

(Started this post @ 6am and then got distracted looking for a floating GPS enabled depth-sounding drone. Unfortunately doesn't seem to be a mass-market Item yet.)
I have something (not floating) already, and the raft. see post #173. Maybe we could plan a meet-up to share plowing the pond? We just have to float over each point as the unit constantly records. It should generate an awesome map.

@tridacna I'm impressed! That is probably the WORST possible way to get up there. I now favor the @Basking Ridge Diver approach from the old mine road. Only problem with that one is going past the easy to miss turnoff on the way back along the AT. You up for mapping?

* SIGH * I need to drag my 68 y/o butt up there and get back to biz...

What is the MO for mapping? Happy to help but it’s going to be in the fall no matter what. That was the hottest I’ve EVER been. For the first time ever, I swam in the pond. There was no choice - it was too darn hot. Pond was fantastic, what a treasure.

While we’re on the subject, Village Farm & Bakery in Delaware Water Gap has the best pies. Worth waiting for.

Keep me posted. September should be nice to float around in the pond.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom