Sunday storm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wow, looks like Sunday plans best be accelerated to Saturday for this weekend! And we had such a nice stretch of calm summer seas too...

fc_summary.png

Yeah, I am a bit b*tched out about this whole thing. I've been dry since the NorCal - v - SoCal M&G and was planning on trying to take the day off Monday and go diving. Double freaking drats! :D

It's not clear that Sunday is the worse of the 2 days:

.SAT...W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT.
NW SWELL 8 TO 12 FT AND S 2 TO 3 FT. SHOWERS LIKELY.
.SAT NIGHT...NW WINDS 10 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT.
NW SWELL 8 TO 12 FT AND S 2 TO 3 FT. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.
.SUN...NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 6 FT.
NW SWELL 6 TO 10 FT AND S 2 TO 3 FT.
.MON...NW WINDS 10 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT.
NW SWELL 5 TO 7 FT AND S 2 FT.

Personally, I trust the buoy reports more than the CDIP model....

Yeah, I am a bit b*tched out about this whole thing. I've been dry since the NorCal - v - SoCal M&G and was planning on trying to take the day off Monday and go diving. Double freaking drats! :D

Come South!:D

Oh, if only I could Dave! Trust me - I'd be down there in a :heart: beat.

It's not clear that Sunday is the worse of the 2 days:

Personally, I trust the buoy reports more than the CDIP model....

Rob, notice how wildly the buoy numbers have been fluctuating the last few days? In the course of the day, Saturday has gone from 8-11ft to 5-7ft back to 8-12. I hope it settles down by the weekend, but Saturday may indeed turn out quite frothy.

Well, I a definately cancelling my Monastery plans with weekend. I was planning to do two dives at Monastary in the morning and two dive from the Express in the afternoon. I guess I should change my Express plans to dive the moring and see if they will still go out in the afternoon.

I alsohave reservations for Pt Lobos on Sunday. I wonder if that will be protected enough to dive on Sunday?

I also have reservations for Pt Lobos on Sunday. I wonder if that will be protected enough to dive on Sunday?

If buoy data holds up for Sunday, it'll be divable. I'll be there in those conditions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom