Sunday @ Stillhouse Hollow Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sunday 6/5 planning a drive down to just 8 miles SW of Belton to get wet in the Stillhouse Hollow Lake,,,,,this is a 2.5hr. drive from Arlington just off I-35. Thought I would check out the dive center/marina and a few dive sites.

texdiveguy:
Sunday 6/5 planning a drive down to just 8 miles SW of Belton to get wet in the Stillhouse Hollow Lake,,,,,this is a 2.5hr. drive from Arlington just off I-35. Thought I would check out the dive center/marina and a few dive sites.

How is the diving there?

colt:
How is the diving there?

Colt...this will be my first time to dive there,,,,I have heard some good things.

Yeah let me know how it goes. Have you every dove Belton? I have been their before and the water looked pretty clear from the beach.

colt:
Yeah let me know how it goes. Have you every dove Belton? I have been their before and the water looked pretty clear from the beach.

No have not dove it yet either,,,,I know they are very close. I will let you know what I find.

That is where we are going todo are open water drive to get certified later this month. The instructor seems to like it out there. Oh we are driving from Midland, Texas

wtxblaze:
That is where we are going todo are open water drive to get certified later this month. The instructor seems to like it out there. Oh we are driving from Midland, Texas

That is good to hear..... I bet you are excited to do your O/W dives!!?? I just last night finished up my PADI Divemaster program. Best to you and your dive career.

PS--- WELCOME to the board!!!

wtxblaze:

i'm from Odessa. nice to see another diver. we were supposed to go back to stillhouse this weekend but change of plans. i will be heading there in 2 weeks. i bet we are going with the same instructor!!!!

i have dove there once and it wasnt too bad. i kind of like the place!!

i get to headd to balmorhea tomorrow. i am having getting wet withdrawals!!!!
have a great weekend!!
jen

I grew up in Copperas Cove and was stationed at Ft Hood as well. I've been wanting to dive there for some time just haven't had a good chance. Last few times I've been that way was to go to Lake Travis to work with AOW classes.

GeekDiver:
I grew up in Copperas Cove and was stationed at Ft Hood as well. I've been wanting to dive there for some time just haven't had a good chance. Last few times I've been that way was to go to Lake Travis to work with AOW classes.

I should be there by 10:30am tomm.,,,,hope it is worth the trip,,,,but heck thats part of the adventure of diving!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom