Sunday Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I checked before we started heading back, so probably a good 30 min into the dive. (It actually read 58, but I also know it tends to read 2 degrees higher than everyone else)

The only other thing is that I was just putting off that much heat :wink:

I checked before we started heading back, so probably a good 30 min into the dive. (It actually read 58, but I also know it tends to read 2 degrees higher than everyone else)

The only other thing is that I was just putting off that much heat :wink:
Funny

Im going to check out N/S Monastery tomorrow. Whichever looks better is the one were going to do. I may go scope out butterfly house after just to see how the kelp looks.

Did Lobos today and even at 90 feet the vis wasnt all that great. Water was 56 at 90fsw and it was very dark.

Dave and Steve id be more than willing to setup a Sunday dive at Monastery, from the way things look it should be even more like a lake then :wink:.

I also would like to take a look at doing a dive at Jade Cove sometime soon. Granted its a bit of a drive I keep hearing good things, plus theres jade!

Its too bad that its not

Monastery sounds good to us, either end is fine though if we went to the south end maybe we could look for our lost camera and light :shakehead: What time are you thinking, and are we talking one dive or two?

Dove San Carlos Beach today, can confirm 56 degree temp, and lake like conditions. Vis was, well, what it was, say 20', pretty good for the location.

bbianchi: If 'check[ing] out n/s Monastery today' meant 12-Jul, please provide an update on conditions and if you are interested in diving tomorrow morning.

Dove San Carlos Beach today, can confirm 56 degree temp, and lake like conditions. Vis was, well, what it was, say 20', pretty good for the location.

bbianchi: If 'check[ing] out n/s Monastery today' meant 12-Jul, please provide an update on conditions and if you are interested in diving tomorrow morning.

What he said. We also need to know what time y'all like to get there, since we're coming from Salinas and have to plan for the drive and all that stuff.

Sorry for the delay ended up on a night dive tonight and just got in.

I have had a slight change in my plans and will be going on a boat to try and save a friend who cant go from losing his money.

I did dive N. Monastary today and thats where I would say to go. We ascended to about 40 feet headed to 60, leveled off there for about 30-35 min and then made out way back gradually going up. Vis was very good on the edge or outside of the kelp forest. The temperatures were again 55 ish. I would go there again tomorrow but since I cant make it you guys should still plan on it with the conditions the way they are.

So you have to go on a boat instead of hiking to a beach. I feel your pain :D

Well, Steve, what do you think? We're gonna dive Monastery S. today, probably around 1-ish.

Back
Top Bottom