Sunday dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafool

Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking about diving Alexander Springs tomorrow (03/14), probably around 9 A.M.. Anyone interested?

Well, maybe I will try to make it a noon dive then . I wanted to fiddle with my weights & bouyancy. Post back later.

So what's the story, NetDoc? Your class come thru? If you are going to be there, I'll delay my drive & dive until later in the day, otherwise I was thinking of heading out first thing.

would love to come, but friend, wife, and baby visiting... brunch with a baby... yay (and i don't mean my friend).

Well, I ended up with some honeydoos this morning, so it was an early afternoon deal after all. I actually maged to remove my weghtbelt completely & still get negative @ 2' with 400lbs left. Staying at a given depth while not moving was a definite challenge, but I was getting better with all the practice I was getting. Man, the flow coming from the various boils was ripping! I don't think I've ever seen it like this. Sticking my face in front of the main vent was an exhilerating experience. If you ever try that, make sure you cover the front of your reg with your hand, because the current has enough strength to push your purge button. Also, when you're done, don't try to swim over top of the vent. I garuntee that you will experience a sudden, unplanned ascent.

First dive was for 22 minutes. Second dive was for 1 hour 15 minutes. On the second dive, somone picked up my weightbelt that I had laying in 6 feet of water on the backside of the boil. I had set it there in case I needed it when my tank got low. I have another one, & plenty of extra weights, but still.

BTW, it's not that I am diving with no weight, rather that all 7lbs that I do have come from the backplate & single tank adaptor.

nice.... good report

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom