Summertime Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silver Prince got back to me and they limit the boat to 14 divers. Little annoyed they didn't answer the rest of the questions (like is going to carmel cool). But assuming that the price ($745) on the web page is correct the price breakdown would be:
Code:
# Divers   Cost Per
       1   $745.00
       2   $372.50
       3   $248.33
       4   $186.25
       5   $149.00
       6   $124.17
       7   $106.43
       8   $93.13
       9   $82.78
      10   $74.50
      11   $67.73
      12   $62.08
      13   $57.31
      14   $53.21

I vote for the Express. as long as we fill the boat. if we only have 14 interested then the price savings on the Prince would make it the clear winner but is price the only consideration? what about air fills? Do either boat fill on board or do we need to bring enough tanks?

I think we can get 20 interested divers. we can extend an invitation to our so cal friends as well as anyone else who would want to commit to a spot.

Neither of those boats do on-board fills, though they will supply tanks. I usually bring my own, which is OK too. Having been on both boats I'd say I like Express better, but for the price if you fill the boat, S. Prince looks like the best value.

We can't get the Cypress Sea to turn the corner? They do onboard fills, and the boat is big enough that the sea sickies will be ok.

We can't get the Cypress Sea to turn the corner? They do onboard fills, and the boat is big enough that the sea sickies will be ok.

Cypress Sea is booked for morning departure and from the email it sounds like an afternoon / dusk run to carmel would be iffy. That said if we do a 2pm departure we should be ok though they warned that the wind kicks up in the afternoon.

Silver Prince got back to me and Carmel is a possibility (providing that the weather cooperates). As for Silver Prince vs Monterey Express I think it'll come down to how many people want to come. The price difference for a full boat isn't that great ($70 vs $53.21).

Ok, I just went through to get a count of people who have said they are interested. Some of you hinted at it but didn't say so I'm not counting you. If you aren't on the list then PLEASE respond saying you are interested.

List:
  • mikemill
  • Hepcat62
  • Anti-Hero
  • micboucher
  • Brewski
  • sarita75
  • masterof0
  • ryssyr

So that is (*counts*) 8 people so far. I'd like to give people till the end of the month to say if they are interested. Then based on the number of people going we'll make the boat selection.

Im interested, but depending on the finalized dates I am going to be in the east cost for a week. Plus I need to hold off on any commitments in the future until we finally have this baby. Its down to "any day now" but man thats turning into a lot of days.

Mike,

I'll need to know the date before I can say for sure, but I'm interested also.

(((kevin)))

Back
Top Bottom