Summertime Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tell them your planning a scubaboard event and they'll get tons of free publicity. see if that helps :wink:

BTW I'd prefer a run to Carmel sites if possible.

Good Points!

If we get to Lobos Rocks, we could do the second dive at Local's Ledge or Pinnacles. Or do the first dive at Diablo Pinnacles, then the second dive at Lobos Rocks.

If we're going through the trouble to charter a boat, I'd much prefer going around the corner to Carmel or Big Sur instead of staying in Monterey Bay.

Monterey Express:
Michael...the boat is available as a FULL boat charter at a reduced rate of $1400.00 ($1800 normal retail) which includes 2 dives each for a party of up to 20 divers. All tanks are provided as well as beverages, snacks, pastries during the 4 to 4.5 hour event. A crew of 3, Captain, Deckand, Dive rescue asset (DM) will make sure your group is receives the very best service and safety we can provide. Addi tonal services such as Nitrox, lunch meals and dive guides are additional as the request is submitted.

The Monterey Express is 45' with a beam of 16 feet, twin diesel engines, large camera Table, warm fresh water for warming up between dives and a large sun deck allowing passengers to enjoy those special days in Monterey when the "dive gods" are beaming upon us. ;-)
Doubled check that Carmel was possible:
Michael...that of course is a mater of weather and sea conditions and unfortunately I can make no promises as to the final destination of the boat on a particular day. HOWEVER...the rate I quoted you is for any destination we can head for with no regard for additional fuel fees or such if we are able to make Carmel Bay or even further south.

Cost breakdown:
Code:
# Divers   Cost Per
       1   $1,400.00
       2   $700.00
       3   $466.67
       4   $350.00
       5   $280.00
       6   $233.33
       7   $200.00
       8   $175.00
       9   $155.56
      10   $140.00
      11   $127.27
      12   $116.67
      13   $107.69
      14   $100.00
      15   $93.33
      16   $87.50
      17   $82.35
      18   $77.78
      19   $73.68
      20   $70.00

Waiting to hear back from the Silver Prince.

If it ends up being a choice between a in the bay with Cypress Sea or Carmel on the Monterey Express I'd go for Monterey Express.

If it ends up being a choice between a in the bay with Cypress Sea or Carmel on the Monterey Express I'd go for Monterey Express.

I agree. The Express sounds good to me.

I prefer a morning departure and going to Carmel or further south, but will try to get the day off either way.

(((kevin)))

So I guess we will not be doing a dusk/night dive? Good, because I'm afraid of the dark and maybe an octopus will attack me and take off my mask and regulator, help me....

MG

I cannot make a last week of July or first week of August M&G as I will be in Kalamazoo, MI... I may be able to do the June dates Ron suggested...

So I guess we will not be doing a dusk/night dive? Good, because I'm afraid of the dark and maybe an octopus will attack me and take off my mask and regulator, help me....

MG
Don't worry, the octopus will only hump your leg until it is done...

What dates did you use when you contacted the express? The ones you posted earlier work with my schedule. I only ask because I want to be sure to be in state when we do this.
I didn't give a specific date, just last weekend in July / first weekend in August.

I cannot make a last week of July or first week of August M&G as I will be in Kalamazoo, MI... I may be able to do the June dates Ron suggested...
Doh! IIRC there was some concern about a bloom in the water during June. Not knowing Monterey / Carmel that well would this affect it? I don't have any problem doing this in June. I know that Cypress Sea is already booked so that really doesn't change anything as far as which boat to use.

Back
Top Bottom