Summertime Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike.

Ron can't make the first date in august and I as well may not be able to, I have Not voted but I would like to voice my vote for the second choice in August.

I also think we would be looking at MUCH better chances of great vis conditions in the latter month, June can be very ugly due too red tide as well as If I am correct it can carry into July.

Mike this is just me spilling my thoughts to you all...

So everyone tell me what you think or tell me to shut-up:rofl3:

Jim, thank you. The information about June (and July) is what is known as useful information. It is greatly appreciated when one posts that instead of hijacking :lotsalove:

Aug 8th is my first choice as well.

I think if we choose that date we should have a commitment date that all would be set to paid by at least July 25 so you have two weeks to fill any empty spots.

Agree on both counts. After removing you and Jim from Aug 1 on my quasi count the 8th looks even better.

Jim, thank you. The information about June (and July) is what is known as useful information. It is greatly appreciated when one posts that instead of hijacking :lotsalove:

Agree on both counts. After removing you and Jim from Aug 1 on my quasi count the 8th looks even better.

I think an earlier commitment date is necessary. How they did it for the NorCal-SoCal M&G was that you weren't guaranteed a spot till you paid in full. When someone is holding a charter on their personal card, this - to me - is the fairest thing. That way we have a filled boat early without Mike (or anyone else) scambling to fill spots for those who said they'd come and then, 2 weeks before, decide against it. If you are paid in full, you got a spot, and if you can't make it, it becomes your problem to take the $ loss or find someone to fill our spot and get the cash from them.

My two cents.

Posted via Mobile Device

I think an earlier commitment date is necessary.
I would definitely like people to pay right away. What do you all think is a reasonable time frame before I just open up the remaining slots to whomever?

How they did it for the NorCal-SoCal M&G was that you weren't guaranteed a spot till you paid in full. When someone is holding a charter on their personal card, this - to me - is the fairest thing.
Hence the first come first serve policy. And for $80 I don't see the need to do a "deposit".

That way we have a filled boat early without Mike (or anyone else) scambling to fill spots for those who said they'd come and then, 2 weeks before, decide against it. If you are paid in full, you got a spot, and if you can't make it, it becomes your problem to take the $ loss or find someone to fill our spot and get the cash from them.
Yep. Though at the same time, if I know someone is wanting to come but the boat is full and someone with a spot can't make it then I'll help facilitate the replacement.

I would definitely like people to pay right away. What do you all think is a reasonable time frame before I just open up the remaining slots to whomever?

I agree with Sarah and I think giving those of us on the list 2 weeks to pay would be plenty and then it is first come, first serve.

Just let me know as soon the paypal is setup.

I agree with Sarah and I think giving those of us on the list 2 weeks to pay would be plenty and then it is first come, first serve.

Just let me know as soon the paypal is setup.
I'll probably set it up Monday/Tuesday.

do you want a check or a brown bag full of $1 bills?

Hmmm, I'm sure I can find a use for 80 $1 bills :wink:

I think an earlier commitment date is necessary. How they did it for the NorCal-SoCal M&G was that you weren't guaranteed a spot till you paid in full. When someone is holding a charter on their personal card, this - to me - is the fairest thing. That way we have a filled boat early without Mike (or anyone else) scambling to fill spots for those who said they'd come and then, 2 weeks before, decide against it. If you are paid in full, you got a spot, and if you can't make it, it becomes your problem to take the $ loss or find someone to fill our spot and get the cash from them.

My two cents.

Posted via Mobile Device

I must say Sarah is right on the money!!

Great Idea Sarah!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom