Summersville West Virginia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Traveling west on rt. 129 (the road that runs east & west along the south side of the lake) you drive over the dam/dyke and can see the Gauley River way down on the left and the lake on the right. Just after you pass that you will come to a playground on the right, turn in there. At the end of the parking lot there is a dirt road that runs down toward the lake. Follow that, the winter boat launch is at the bottom.

Never been to that area, someone told me there was a boat sunk there, hope the vis is better than 2 feet!

I may show up and jump in if its alright with everyone, I'll have my wife with me, she is a diver too.

Yes, there is a sunken boat there. I try not to think about it because I HATE sunken boats, I'm not sure why but they just give me the willies. It is a bit of a swim from the actual launch area. It is in a cove just around the corner. We can show you. There is also a platform down there by the boat.

Oh, and word of advice for Becky, if she needs to pee :new_gmorn or change, stop at the restrooms at the playground. There are no facilities down at the launch. Which drove me nuts when I was diving dry suit there earlier in the spring. Guys have it soo easy.

Hope to see you both there!

what water temps are you guys getting now? I have my week locked in for my vacation diving at the lake start September 18th. So if you see some guy in yellow and white fiberglass seakayak with a three foot long blue fin on the back, It's me!

OH yeah how do you find that boat and what depth is it located?

Boat is marked by a bouy and it was at about 25-30 feet when I was there

In posting #4 of this strand, just follow the link.
:theyareon

Amy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom