Summer of 2016 --- Thinking Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We spend 8 to 10 days diving out of the WPB area 2 to 3 times a year and would do more if we had the vacation time.

If I gather together a fair sized group from California — 8 to 10 adults, half as many teens, and a few pre-teens — where should we stake out our base for a ten day stay? We'll want to do more eating in than dining out. Most of the group will be advanced or open-water certified so diving is on the list's top. One or two of the non-divers might bring along a referral to finish OW —probably PADI. We will want to do some sight seeing and exploring on land as well as water. The group includes qualified sail skippers. Maybe hit Orlando on the way in or out but not as a group. Probably one or two day-boat fishing jaunts for parties of three or four. Wild excitement is not listed in the plans regardless of the teens inputs. Suggestions are open from Daytona to KW. Although I prefer to hear recommendations from individuals, I'll listen to business pitches within reason.

I look forward to hearing from you on any of the thoughts I've tossed out. PM me for my email address if you want to take this off the forums. You can find me as Casey Wilson (California) on FaceBook and my blog is afreelancewriter.wordpress.com.

Cordially,

Casey

Casey - My wife and I occasionally do 9 day trips to Key Largo.
Lots of options for diving shallow or deep depending on your preference. You are ~2 hrs from Key West and ~1hr from Miami which gives you options outside of the Keys for site seeing. Some great options for fishing within a few miles - I would suggest VRBO for finding lodging which will allow for eating in if that is your choice. Not an expert on activities for the teens but would think the Keys might not be overly exciting for them beyond the diving.

We did a 3 week dive tour of Florida last July and hit the 4 corners of the state for diving. SE had all types of diving covered from shallow reefs and wrecks to deeper stuff. As everyone says from Jupiter to FTL is the prime spot for diving.....unless you are into wet rocks.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom