Suit for a tall girl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

openhelix

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My gf is darn near impossible to fit in clothes much less a wet suit. Any recommedations for a tall, fairly slim girl? Seems like all the women's suits only go up to 5'8 or so. She's 5'11", 135#. Thanks!

Good luck. I was 5'11 3/4 when I started diving. I finally am comfortable in an off the shelf DUI Dry suit. I just added 4" to the length and 2" to the arms. That was no charge.

Another choice is Monterey Bay wetsuits. They could make a custom suit. Or she can get a stock wet suit and get cold ankles. That was my problem.

She just makes it into Bare 12 TALL. Depending on her build it may be a fit. Alternatively go custom.

Akona seems to run tall/large on the Men's side. I'm 6"8 and easily fit into a suit that is stated to be for those who are 6"4-6"5. Can't speak to whether the women's line runs a little on the tall/large side as well, but maybe someone else can chime in on that.

custome is the way to go it will fit perfictly and it for the most part cost just a little more you can also have some suits tailored to fit

I would have to agree with Awdemeo, a custom suite for a tall girl is the way to go. It will be tailored to her body for not much more then you would buy off the rack.

:worthless:

Are you looking into a 3 or 5 mil or a semi dry? If it is a wetsuit you want try with surf wetsuit they have a much wider size scale. All my wetsuits are GUL, they make watersports wetsuits here in UK. After dropping Mares, Scubapro and others due to bad fit I have been only using this brand for the last 3 years. O'Neill o Billabong also provide some options.
If instead you really go in cold water I would recommend a tailor made dry suit

Thanks for all the ideas. She's going to try on the BARE 7mm Arctic this weekend and see how it fits... and she'd kill me if I posted pics. :wink:

Good luck, I just had a nice dive in my 4 year old Arctic. 110s of dives and going strong.

The various vests make for great layering options.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom