Suit for a tall girl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm 6' tall and I have had a lot of luck with Akona wetsuits.

Tommy D Sports also has tall wetsuits, I ordered a ladies XL and it was actually TOO long in both the arms and legs for me by several inches!

Hi. I'm BigBugz' girlfriend. Sounds like I'm in the same boat as your girlfriend (5'10", 130). I haven't found a perfect-fitting diving wetsuit, but the Pinnacle I own is pretty good. A little short in the arms and legs, but when water's not too cold, it's ok (Pinnacle Fusion, 5-4mm, standard size, 8). I ordered a 7mm in Pinnacle in a "Tall" size, and it didn't seem to give me much more length.

I have, however, found the perfect fit in a surfing wetsuit made by O'Neill. All their stuff seems to run tall , but you can also order it in "Tall" sizes. Their brand (in 8 Tall) fits me like a glove. The suit I have for surfing is called the "Psycho 2" which is awesome, but probably too fragile and compressable for diving. Maybe you can check out/call O'Neill and see what suits they make that are suitable for diving. Don't let anyone talk you into a custom suit unless you dive a lot or if you have the cash to burn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom