Suit for 7 footer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just outfitted a family all over 6'8. The tallest was a 20 year old who was 7'1" 210 lbs. He fit in a small suit way stretched out. We built a suit a few years ago for a former Professional Basketball Player, Lonnie Shelton. Lonnie was 6'9" about 350lbs at the time. He was pretty scary under the water.

I'll second (or third) the idea of checking out triple-l ( http://www.scubal.com ) they just released a hybrid (similar to hyperstretch) wetsuits - custom made 7mil for $150 delivered... (figure about $50 shipping) they also have a 3mil core warmer you could put inside, or as was already suggested a shorty for more versatility. I've gotten several stock wetsuits from them (and am considering a custom) all of which I've been very happy with...

Again, emphasizing what others have said... go cheap for a first wetsuit (doesn't have to be cheaply made though :wink: ) because if you fall in love with diving you'll probably start looking at a custom dry suit before long...

Best wishes on finding a suitable wetsuit - and welcome to Scubaboard!

Aloha, Tim

Ok so I thought i was tall you win check out JMJ west coast I know but they make a killer semi dry 7 and will do it for around 500. Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom