Suit filed in case of "Girl dead, boy injured at Glacier National Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

“Don’t speak to the PADI Lawyer” is great advice….
I agree that it is great advice in this case, but I am curious about why he is giving it to her. Is that a normal part of an investigation?

This is reputed to be excerpts of a conversation between the National Park Service “investigators” and Debbie Snow. “Don’t speak to the PADI Lawyer” is great advice….

https://cdn.fbsbx.com/v/t59.2708-21...c3a3106f4d6dd3b17ad9dd50e55d&oe=614E86F6&dl=1

That’s perhaps the single most incriminating statement a law enforcement agency could make - given their ultimate decision nor to prosecute here…I bet this single piece of stupidity will be a cornerstone to getting PADI right out of the civil case.

Oh, and it’s NOT “great advice” - it’s law enforcement looking to leverage the prime suspect in a homicide investigation and prevent them from lawyering up- Another example example of you not having a CLUE what you are talking about.

I agree that it is great advice in this case, but I am curious about why he is giving it to her. Is that a normal part of an investigation?
John,

‘it’s not great advice’- it was a typical law enforcement play to prevent the prime suspect from lawyering up prematurely….

John,

‘it’s not great advice’- it was a typical law enforcement play to prevent the prime suspect from lawyering up prematurely….
Got it.

EDIT: My sense was that the advice was good because she had so very, very thoroughly screwed up the class, which is something the PADI lawyer would want to know right away. My sense was that she was being advised to withhold information from PADI about her faulty conduct. In that sense, it seemed to me that the supposed investigator was trying to help her by keeping her from revealing her many screwups, and I questioned having someone in a supposed investigative role helping her in this way.

I guess we can see that I am not an attorney.

John,

And I was certainly being facetious, although that’s hard to gather by what I wrote.

And I was certainly being facetious, although that’s hard to gather by what I wrote.
So you want us to believe that in the context of what you said- and your history of PADI animus- you were “joking”….

Really? more like you posted something too smart by a half, and when it was pointed out you made an excuse ….

Back
Top Bottom