Suit filed in case of "Girl dead, boy injured at Glacier National Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not a lawyer... but wouldn't Snow's alteration of the liability waivers after the accident and any changes to the dive computers be tampering with evidence and/or spoliation, depending on what was done and when it happened (before or after the civil suit was filed)?

I am not a lawyer... but wouldn't Snow's alteration of the liability waivers after the accident and any changes to the dive computers be tampering with evidence and/or spoliation, depending on what was done and when it happened (before or after the civil suit was filed)?
I get the impression that Linnea's signature was forged as the family didn't recognize it. If there is no dive recorded that day on Snow's and Linnea's dive computer, then I would consider that to be tampering with evidence, which I would expect would be a serious crime, just like forgery can be. You'd think LE would be infuriated by this.

Yes

I get the impression that Linnea's signature was forged as the family didn't recognize it. If there is no dive recorded that day on Snow's and Linnea's dive computer, then I would consider that to be tampering with evidence, which I would expect would be a serious crime, just like forgery can be. You'd think LE would be infuriated by this.

Exactly. Why are the investigators not bothered?

It defies logic
Not to drive this to the Pub, it’s a lot of work for a non-sexy outcome. No riots regardless of the outcome, there will be no heroes made, no one will come out a winner, and we won’t get Linnea back.

Snow, while grossly negligent, more than likely just suffers from the stupids. She didn’t set out to kill Linnea, but did so because she has a problem with her inability to process a coherent thought. I’m not sure that stupidity is criminally actionable, otherwise a whole lot of folks would be incarcerated.

Not to drive this to the Pub, it’s a lot of work for a non-sexy outcome. No riots regardless of the outcome, there will be no heroes made, no one will come out a winner, and we won’t get Linnea back.

Snow, while grossly negligent, more than likely just suffers from the stupids. She didn’t set out to kill Linnea, but did so because she has a problem with her inability to process a coherent thought. I’m not sure that stupidity is criminally actionable, otherwise a whole lot of folks would be incarcerated.
Completely agree, but also isn’t the net good of that work an effort to prevent future stupidity in others, whether that be through individual awareness or systemic change (as improbable as that may be)?

Completely agree, but also isn’t the net good of that work an effort to prevent future stupidity in others, whether that be through individual awareness or systemic change (as improbable as that may be)?
Truly, does pointing out the stupidity in others lead to a learning experience for any?

we all must make decisions for ourselves, on our own merits.

Truly, does pointing out the stupidity in others lead to a learning experience for any?

we all must make decisions for ourselves, on our own merits.
That's the question, isn't it?

And should we do the right thing because it will produce positive outcomes or because it could produce positive outcomes? Guys (and gals) like you and Dave have been dealing with stupid people far longer than I have...maybe I'm too optimistic.

That's the question, isn't it?

And should we do the right thing because it will produce positive outcomes or because it could produce positive outcomes? Guys (and gals) like you and Dave have been dealing with stupid people far longer than I have...maybe I'm too optimistic.
If a right thing doesn’t produce desired results, is it still a right thing? Or just a thing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom