Suggestions Requested: New Wetsuit for Women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Mama

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking at purchasing a new wetsuit and there are so many different brands out and styles (wet and semi-dry suits). Any suggestions for a wetsuit/semi-dry suit for a woman (size 5'2" and 110 lbs). Looking for comfort and warmth since the waters are around 55-60 degrees.

Thanks.

I use and love the Aqualung wetsuits. Very stretchy and fits me well. I would suggest trying on as many different wetsuits as possible. Each manufacture fits their suits differently. Find one that fits like a second skin and isn't too difficult to get on. :D

Pinnacle makes good wetsuits. They have a varity of styles and sizes for women. The merino-elastiprene is flexible so it is easy to get on and off. Good luck in your search.

I love my Bare Arctic 7mm suit! I find it was good value (price/quality) and they have a ton of sizings available to get the best fit possible for you. Check out their sizing chart:BARE Canada / USA Currency Selection

Oh, and by the way, if possible try a ton on! The best suit is the one that fits best and is comfy!:coffee:

I also have a Bare Arctic 7mm, which is perfect for the 55-60 degree range for me. It's really easy to put on as there is an ankle zipper to widen the cuff and slip your legs right in! Then you can easily zip them over your boots.

The sizing runs small as I'm normally a 10-12, but bought the 16 and it fits me perfectly!

Have you considered a custom suit? If you are in the OC, there are several custom houses close to you. JmJ is one such place.

Cheers!

i dive in the same temperature, i use a Henderson Hyperstretch 7MM two piece wet suit, 5/3 hyperstretch hooded vest and 7MM hyperstretch gloves. It is getting time to replace that wetsuit and as of right now i am looking at getting another hyperstretch but also adding a pinnacle semi dry suit, both are great manufacturers and i reccomend both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom