Suggestions / Recommendations please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey there,

I hit 5 sites in the Philippines last summer including Coron which was one of my favorites. PG was my least favorite diving.

Although very different from Coron, Apo Island was perhaps my second favorite site, remote, beautiful and well preserved.

Sorry, I'm too lazy to look up resorts. I stayed at a simple eco tourist place, there is another nicer resort on the island and some land based resorts which you should have no problem finding something through Google or here on the board. If you want to stick around Manilla I think Anilao had nicer diving than PG but lacks the top side party scene if that's what you are after.

Still open to any other suggestions anywhere in the Philippines thanks Centrals.

Has anyone got any info / recommendations for Boracay ?

Still open to any other suggestions anywhere in the Philippines thanks Centrals.

Has anyone got any info / recommendations for Boracay ?
if you like to party it's the place to go.

Seawind and Boracay Regency were some of the hotels we stayed during our trips. We dove with Calypso on our first trip but didn't dive the next time we went back.

The dive op is okay, all professional. Dive sites are so so except Yapak (deep, short dive though)

hi Russ,

i am in malapascua now, very chilled island, cheap accomodation and good food.

the diving is tops, thresher sharks, hammerheads, white tips, and everything in between. loads of macro and great corals, the only thing is the nightlife is not party party although there is fun to be had.

i am going to padre burgos, tubbataha and donsol so will let you know what they are like.

enjoy

Last edited:
Thanks funktop, any chance of a few prices & names of accommodation if you can please.

And has anyone got any recommendations for Boracay ?

(Price-wise I'm looking really at somewhere up the 2200 peso per night)

from what i understood borocay is the party place. Rich philipinos go there, lot of western resort holidays but diving sucks to PH standards

white beaches --> less coral

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom