Suggestions Please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raven C

Reaction score
I have a short-heavy BP and I still need weight. I wear a 3/2 mil or 6/4 total when diving. I am considering a light STA but haven't decided yet. I really don't want to add weight pocket to my wing. Right now I have a custom webbing with slide weights that I have positioned two weights close to the back and two small weights in front. My waist measure 19 inches and this doesn't leave much room. I would really like to eliminate the weights around my waist for this reason and because I want all my weight in the back for bal and trim. Can I mount weights to my BP (and it be reasonable, functional and asthetic too) No jerry-riggin' please.

Any suggestions? Thanks R

I hav recently seen some threads about channel weights, V-weights, or P-weights....whatever you want to call them. It fits into the channel of your backplate...that might help a little.

When I dive a single Al 80 I put a couple of hard two pounder onto the upper cam band (one on each side of the tank) and run them up as close as I can to the wing. You can also look at keel weight pouches which strap onto the tank. Be careful not to overdo the non-ditchable weight.

A chanel weight is probably the most elegant.

I like the idea of the trim weights the best so far. I am a little hesitant to add too much "non-ditchable" weight but I think a combination of a light STA and maybe the trim weight pockets might work well. I'll call EE to check it out. Thanks R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom