suggestions on best tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jirwin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am just getting back into diving but have some back issues. can someone recommend the best, lightest tank? I will be rec diving in cold water (california) with 7mm wetsuit. Any thoughts on the Worthington x7-80 or x7-100 steel tank?
thanks!

I use X7-100's and love them... I'm a short guy (5'7") and can sit down with one on my back... that's why I like them so much. A bit shorter than the Faber FX100.

Weighs 33 lbs. and is pretty easy to move around. Compared to an AL80, it only weighs one more pound. The Faber FX100 comes in around 35 lbs.

I've had zero issues with my Worthington X7-100's and would recommend them to anyone looking for a 100cf steel tank.

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard. :admingreet:

I don't know much about the tanks, but suggest not shore diving. Go on boats, after talking with the skippers about needing help with tanks, especially exits.

Back
Top Bottom