Suggestions for setting up hogarthian rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well he only posted those links in 2005.

What do you need to know about the inflator hose? It's pretty straight forward, there should be a couple of strips of bicycle innertube (standard mountain bike 1.95" tube diameter is fine) to hold the LP inflator hose next to the corrugated hose. Then it should be held in place by a piece of bungee that is laced under the slide retainer that holds the left shoulder D-Ring in place.

hosekit_single_eclipse01.jpg

and

15hda46.jpg

2) I do not have a canister light, so it seems the correct thing to do is tucking the remaining hose into your waist strap of your harness. For anyone else that does this, do you ever have issues with the hose wanting to work itself out?

I am going to address this only because 1) and 3) were well covered by Sloth

When you tug the long hose under waist strap, don't tug it in the front, The long hose coming down from first stage, pass waist strap near the back plate, then return back up in front or side. The loop should be as if you route under canister. I have never had the long hose coming off with that.

Thanks for your response eel. I did 2 dives last Sunday with the long hose. DM showed me exactly how you described. I had no issues with the hose coming out

If you're not diving in restrictions, I would suggest you try a somewhat shorter hose than 7ft. For me 5ft works perfectly in OW. I use a 5ft hose on my single tank rig and 7ft on the doubles. For the shorter hose, you route it the same way except it doesn't go all the way down to your waist band, it goes across your torso, over the left shoulder, and around behind your head. The 7ft hose is to allow for single file air sharing in restrictions; in OW you don't need that much length. All other advantages of the long hose are the same, and it's even a bit easier to deploy in air sharing because you don't need to reach down to the right and free it from your light or waistband.

Some people use a big o-ring in place of the bungie.

"Dress for Success" is still a pretty good reference, though I think some parts are no longer quite correct. You can buy it other places or as an e-book, but this is where I got mine.
Dress for Success | Extreme Exposure

Enclosed is the link that works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom