Question Suggestions for Jan dive trips as a single female?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roztheoctopus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Divers!

First time poster here :)

I have some unexpected free time come up and wanted to do a 2-3 week dive trip this coming January. I'd be traveling by myself and would love some suggestions on destinations that would be solo travel friendly. I am looking at liveaboards and dive clubs and overwhelmed with choices.

I am flying from Canada so the closer to North America the better, but am definitely open to travelling anywhere. What are some spots you would recommend that are safe to travel as a solo female and won't break the bank?

Thanks in advance and happy diving!

If you could provide a budget, and what you would like to see, that would be a good starting point.

Reactions: Doc
Just guessing that you are interested in a warm water destination rather than BC / Vancouver Island area...

2-3 weeks is probably going to be expensive whether you go to a land based or liveaboard op... I think you'll also find that most dive club or shop sponsored trips won't be for 2-3 weeks...

I personally think that LCBR (Little Cayman Beach Resort) is a great place for a solo diver/traveler to go as long as you have the funds for the upcharge to a single supplement accommodation. It's a great operation with great Caribbean diving and pretty much an "all inclusive" type place. The island is small and there's basically no nightlife or other entertainment options other than at the resort.....but for me I like that. You'll be assigned to a boat where your gear will live for the entire stay and you'll make friends.....and probably meet a new group of folks every Saturday when the next groups arrive for their typical 1 week stay. It means that you'll be doing some repeat sites for sure but every day is different and the critters don't keep a calendar. And when the new groups arrive each week....you'll already be a pro and fully into the routines.

Also....... none of my business and no offence intended..... but I think that LCBR would be a VERY safe place for a single female traveler and diver.... It's a basically zero crime scenario..

If you are into reading, diving, sleeping, diving, eating, diving, movies, diving, drinking, diving...then this is great place. If your looking for big party nightlife and multiple restaurant options then this wouldn't be the right place for that...

If I was you, I'd book 2 consecutive weeks on the Palau Aggressor @ $1668 per week!
Wow.....I would do that in a minute if it was for a single supplement and actually available for that price.....

Wow.....I would do that in a minute if it was for a single supplement and actually available for that price.....

Screenshot_20221215_202003_Samsung Internet.jpg

Curaçao, vrbo and dive bus or one of the resorts, Bonaire is also an option warm (ish, upper 70°’s ) and you can probably find a good (ish) deal on air fare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom