Suggestions for Galapagos....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

happyfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

My girlfriend and I are off to South America and while we are there we are doing a Galapagos Trip. We aren't doing a dedicated live-aboard/diving trip, but we are going to do a few dives while we are there. Although the "cruise" itinerary is set we have options of where we want to dive.

The company that we arranged the cruise through suggests diving at Santa Fe, Cousins and Genovesa.
Our other options are: North Seymour, Bahía Gardner, Punta Cormorant.

I realise that there are better sites in the Galapagos (i.e. Wolf and Darwin), but we wanted a trip concentraring on seeing the islands.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/feedback.

Shaneel:11doh:

shaneeldeo:
We aren't doing a dedicated live-aboard/diving trip, but we are going to do a few dives while we are there. Although the "cruise" itinerary is set we have options of where we want to dive.

I am a bit confused- the ship will take you diving to these places? (I'm no expert, but I believe some are islands and some are geographic point names) What is the name of the ship? Or... will you be looking for land based charters?

All of those sites mentioned or just some or ?

Hi.
The boat that we are on is going to all of these places (or nearby) for the land-visits. We are currently planning on just doing 3 dives, as the main focus for us for this trip is the islands. If we want to do extra dives (at the other locations mentioned) we can.
So basically the question was which 3 of the areas are recommended.
I will need to get back to you re: the exact sites for some locations - I'm sure it's in an email I was sent somewhere.
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom