suggestions for dry suit repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquanaut-scuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Turns out, like a lot of people, that my dry suit mysteriously shrank while in storage. I can fix that problem by laying off the pizza for a few weeks but the decaying latex seals are a whole different issue. Does anybody have any personal experience, or suggestion, with a shop in the Portland area regarding seal repair? I know most can do them but also know that the quality may vary.

Thanks!

Mathew

changing seals yourself isn't hard, if that's all you have to do. but if you choose not to, i second gamble!

I have a great place in Tacoma (Tacoma Scuba) for routine drysuit repairs, but that's probably a bit of a drive for you.

Recommend you check out Seven Seas Scuba in Vancouver (WA).

Latex seals are easy, most dive shops will replace them for you.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I bought seals from Thunder Reef Divers up by Vancouver as they've been the most helpful shop I've been to in the greater Portland area. I'm going to try and do them myself. So far I've gotten all the old seals removed and am hoping I didn't take too much of the rubber off while doing it. If I'm really motivated I'll throw some pictures up after I'm done getting them all attached.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom