Suggestions for a BC's Meeting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I think it is time to take the BC's to a different level. I would like to arrange a meeting, so we can discuss where and how far we want to take the BC's, along with suggestions for future events, trips, and perks for The Beach Crabs.

This meeting will be an open meeting for everyone to attend. If you have attended dives, want to attend dives, or just want to offer suggestions, or see what is going on, this meeting is for you.

What we need here, on this post, is suggestions on a place to meet, as well as, a day and time. Keep in mind, it has to be a fairly central location, and a time and day when most can attend.

Thank you for your suggestions,

Rick

Hey Rick because of scheduling issues I've only been able to dive with the Beach Crabs once but I think you have done a fantastic job with the group and anything that makes it more I support. I'm gone Oct 27 - Nov 3 but other than then I could meet most weeknights after 7PM. Or what about doing a morning beach dive then an early afternoon meeting after, or is that not central enough?

I'm still just a very newbie diver and I think it's great you experienced Bach Crabs have so willingly offered to dive with us newbies.

Ok, this feels like a clubby-sorta activity. On the serious side, I think its an excellent idea! I would recommend Buellton, but that isn't very central. Why not in Oxnard? It's about as close as I can suggest and remain in an appropriate county.

So my vote is after 7pm last Tuesday in the month. This way it won't be too close to to a dive day. Else we could have it after a night dive. They are happening pretty early lately....

I'll show any day we choose. Excluding family conflicts.

Rich

I'd like to attend but I'll be gone from the Oct. 17th to the 30th. Maybe somewhere off the 126 like on Victoria Ave.

John

How about Tuesday Nov. 13th? That will give me time enough to check around for a good place to meet, and get a few more things together. And enough advance time for most to plan to be there.

I have a couple possibilities, so will call them.

Any other pre-meeting suggestions are welcome!

Rick

Another idea is to have it after one of the weekend dives since people will be together anyway.

Another idea is to have it after one of the weekend dives since people will be together anyway.

I was kind of thinking about the first one as a more formal type meeting, like at a restaurant, dinner, meeting, and socializing. I was planning on making this a once a month meeting to handle the club business. (there I said club:D). After the first one, if everyone wants to have it after a dive, that would be fine with me, as long as everyone agrees to that.

What is everyones thoughts?

Rick

We otta have food and a bathroom if its an after dive meeting. I usually get pretty hungry after a dive. Or we could go from the dive site to a restaurant....

Back
Top Bottom