Suggest a fins, mask set for a female newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newbie101

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings,

My gf is looking into getting a new fins, mask, snorkel set. She is new to the sport and doesnt have power in her kicks or endurance. Can anybody suggest a good start-up set that is also fashionable? Thanks

Take her to an LDS and try on the masks and see what fits best. The correct way to do this is to have her hold her breath and gently press the mask to her face. It should stay in place with no strap. Do not suck it onto the face like many shops will tell you to do.

Fins, I suggest the ScubPro Twin Speeds. Excellent power and little effort.

Snorkel, anyone that has an auto dump so that she doesn't end up with a mouth full of water upon surfacing.

Newbie 101,
Mares has an entire collection of products for women called "She Dives". http://mares.com/shedives.php?region=ALLOf course fit is most important for a mask, so try a few on, but I'll bet this one does it. The mask in the collection is called the X-Vision mid. Very popular, fits women, and people with smaller or narrow faces. Extremely wide field of vision, cool design, great buckles, high grade silicone. The fins are the Volo Power or Volo Race (open heel, closed foot pocket). These are extremely easy swimming fins, yet offer tremendous power or thrust relative to the effort spent kicking. And the snorkel is a semi dry, silicone, easy breathing. Nice thing about this is, all pieces coordinate in the same color. This is a new collection for Mares and so far seems to be well received by the lady diver and snorkelers.

Good luck in your hunt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom