Sugar ants - do they ever stop?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i tried pemrethin, doesnt seem to work on these guys for some reason.

I searched for hours yesterday for some boric acid and no-one had a clue what I was talking about. Even the pharmacies, where its supposed to be one of the most common old-skool disinfectants. They dont have Terro here but the main ingrediant is Borax, from which boric acid is made.

Boric acid (not found) ---> Borax works a long time by causing slow dehydration b4 they know it ---> borax is in most soldering pastes as a flux ---> which I just happen to have a small tin of that someone sent me for free when I ordered a soldering iron from eBay a year ago.

I smeared some on the wall across the trail about 30 minutes ago and they went from a straight line to a 3ft dia gaggle looking like a group of **confused people**. We'll see how this turns out.

Last edited:
You won't find boric acid in a pharmacy because it is poisonous when used as a disinfectant or cleaning agent for home use. Children are mostly affected and it would be absorbed trough the skin, baby diapers were often washed with boric acid added in the laundry.

Check with a lab supply house, I don't know if it's a controlled item.

Back
Top Bottom