Sueno del Mar Dive boat sinks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Without questioning the integrity of the OP, I would like to know if post #1 is his own account of his personal experience?

I would also like to know why such a harrowing experience in February is just now being posted in October?

Back in May OP posted in another thread that Dive op was terrrible (my words). Somebody else on SB asked him to elaborate. He then posted a link to this post. So he was asked to elaborate but did it several months later.

I have noticed that SB, unlike facebook and some other boards does not automatically let you know when some one has commented on one of your posts. I can easily see how a casual user might find out about a question some time later.

Reactions: Doc
I get email notification once a month, I think it is, for any thread in which I've posted.

Frankly, don't understand why anyone would walk from West End to West Bay at night. It's a dangerous walk even if you don't get robbed.

My recommendation for anyone at any time, is don't pick a fight and if a fight breaks out, get the hell out of there as quickly as you can. Don't try to interfere.

mmmbellows, all these things happened to tourists while you were on the island?

Reactions: Doc
Without questioning the integrity of the OP, I would like to know if post #1 is his own account of his personal experience?

I would also like to know why such a harrowing experience in February is just now being posted in October?

Ahh, apparently I forgot to preface my phantom post with those 7 little magical words. Maybe you're good to go. Pre-Crime will tell. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precrime)

Their private 'sight seeing Air force' crashed in full view of the beach with tourist on board....

Wussie. Prolly to scared to ride the jungle canopy zip line, much less get into that home-made Honduran submarine. What's the worst that could happen?

Last edited:

You might(?) be surprised to know that not all SB Users are here all the time.

Especially not the one's that only want to do damage by way of posting ancient news as if it's just happened.

You might(?) be surprised to know that not all SB Users are here all the time.

And in this case, each of the 4 OP user lifetime posts relate to SdM Resort complaints.

Somewhere, I have a digital image of divers descending over that very dive boat. I mean, that's some great service! You want a wreck dive, here's one right here.

We once pulled up to the pin near French Harbor and began a dive. Apparently, the night before, a smallish cabin cruiser fouled it's shaft on the dive site buoy and was Roatan's newest wreck dive. We searched for victims, but only found evidence of very recent habitation. She was refloated that afternoon and was back in service within a few days. Stuff happens.

Boats "spend their lives" in a never ending battle of trying not to sink. I have been aboard four that disappeared beneath me. I even took pics of one with the screws turning while in the stern was tipped in the air, with a Nikonos if that gives you a perspective of era. When it has occurred on a dive boat, since I'm usually strapped into my gear, especially as on the very quick trips that Roaan boats make from pier to dive site...I say- just flop in the water in full gear. Maybe I'm just jaded by exerience, I've spent 12hrs bobbing around Tobago waiting for a back up plan to arrive.

So far, all just great tales of the briny deep around the water cooler for me. I mean, you can't buy this kind of real world adventure.

Have know Ray since '94 when we bought on Roatan & he had the dive shop @ Sea Grape(haven't seen him since ~ '08 when we sold & 'left' the island)---.........That pic looks like it might be the boat he had built ~ '99?, had twins on it ---when it was new......Wish ole Ray the best......

The picture to which you refer, is not a Sueno boat as far as I know. Think it was just shown as an example of many of the boats in operation around the island.

Wussie. Prolly to scared to ride the jungle canopy zip line, much less get into that home-made Honduran submarine. What's the worst that could happen?

Ah, the ole Roatan submarine, I forgot about that one... yikes.

---------- Post added October 20th, 2015 at 06:13 PM ----------

Especially not the one's that only want to do damage by way of posting ancient news as if it's just happened.

What's the difference if he is reporting it a day after or a year after? Does that change what happened? I'm happy to just know about it at all, the information helps to make informed, safe decisions for the next time I go there.

How about more like 15 years later?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom