Sucking Air Through Regulator When Not Attached To A Tank???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the first stage is above water level, you can dunk the second stages and water won't run uphill. Then you can wash the first stage separately. I usually just use running water to clean mine.

So does that design allow water to flow back into the first stage whenever you dunk your regulator to clean it? I guess you would need to make a point of putting it back on a tank and blowing it out every time after cleaning....

It does mean you shouldn't soak this regulator unless it's pressurized. To me this would be a deal breaker. I like to soak my regs for at least an hour after salt water use. This has been endlessly discussed on this board, but since I service my own regs, I know from experience how important fresh water soaking, not just rinsing, is.

Soak it all you want. If anything, just keep the 1st stage elevated and maybe blow it out afterwards.

Worst case is you hang it up after. the water will drain and dry.

Gravity can take care of the problem. Use two FW container. Place the 1st stage in one and the 2nds in the other for a good soak. When done, keep the 1st stage higher than the 2nds and purge any water from the 2nds before storage.

Back
Top Bottom