Such a bummer - 2nd day and no dives due to choppy water - Ambergris Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_jaguar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The winds are pretty strong, so I fully understand why none of the dive shops want to go out. This is more a vent against mother nature than anything else :D

But more importantly, just wanted to inform other folks wanting to dive that there has been no diving on the island for the past 3 days. Today's Blue Hole dive was also cancelled by Amigos. They are saying that today is the worst (30 knots) and that it's going to get better from tomorrow. I am hoping that I will at the very least get to dive the blue hole before heading to San Ignacio day after to check out the Mayan ruins. It's been such a disappointment so far.

Hi The_jaguar, i am in the same boat, or no boat, here on AC as well. You can get a decent dive in at Hol Chan, since its inside the reef. Its the only dive i have gotten in since i got here.

Thanks, jeepers. I just responded to you PM.

You're not missing anything with the Blue Hole if you've ever dove a quarry, though the other 2 dives on that trip are really nice.

You are spending Christmas in Ambergris Caye. How lovely . . . . better safe than sorry.

The winds are pretty strong, so I fully understand why none of the dive shops want to go out. This is more a vent against mother nature than anything else :D

But more importantly, just wanted to inform other folks wanting to dive that there has been no diving on the island for the past 3 days. Today's Blue Hole dive was also cancelled by Amigos. They are saying that today is the worst (30 knots) and that it's going to get better from tomorrow. I am hoping that I will at the very least get to dive the blue hole before heading to San Ignacio day after to check out the Mayan ruins. It's been such a disappointment so far.

I squeezed in a Hol Chan / Shark Alley Dive/ snorkel the afternoon I arrived on Dec. 23. No dives yesterday or today, and I'm flying out tomorrow. Only means that I need to come back again!

It really must be bad. There are days that the local boats don't go out due to wind and wave conditions but the big Blue Hole boat still sets out for the day trips. Ergo, if the Blue Hole boat isn't going out either, conditions must be atrocious. But at least it's not raining right? :wink:

A great island just to hang out on. Did you guys see the lighted boat parade the other night?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom