Subsurface not working out SAC on sidemount dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fires

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
HI there,

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask. But I was hoping to get some help.

When I am diving sidemount, with 2 x shearwater transmitters (one on each tank), I get all the pressure readings when downloading to Subsurface, but it does not work out SAC. This is true even after I add the dive cylinders. On a single tank it works.

Is there a fix for this? Would appreciate the help as it was always a nice quick reference without needing to calculate this myself. I have attached some pics of a previous dive to show.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 16.11.10.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 16.11.10.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 16.11.18.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 16.11.18.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 61
May have better response from the Subsurface Google Group. You may have to manually add gas change events. (Right-click on the profile graph at the appropriate times.)

Thanks, will give both of those a go!

Did both, they also suggested the gas switch. I added one, and it gave me the SAC now. Thanks

Did both, they also suggested the gas switch. I added one, and it gave me the SAC now. Thanks
You shouldn't need to do a gas switch. I run my Teric with sidemount mode enabled. Not only does it give me accurate SAC during the dive, but also Subsurface shows my SAC once I select the tank size. No need for gas switches or anything.

Edit:
I'm running Subsurface on Windows, and the Subsurface mobile app on my iPhone to download the dives from the DC (and into the cloud storage for Subsurface)

I still wanted to circle back to the group here.

Subsurface google group had a lengthy discussion about it and some tangents :p I still need to read through all there.

But one person did come with a solution which is that if you just look in the dive list you will find a SAC column which I didn't see before. So although it doesn't show me under the dive info (there it only seems to show if I do gas switch or combine to one cylinder), in the dive list it shows you.

Snippet of the person image attached (very right column) to reduce any data seen. Rest is available on the post if you wish to see.Not sure if we are allowed to link out? Please remove if it is an issue: Subsurface not working out SAC on sidemount dives

Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 3.58.30 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 3.58.30 PM.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 59
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom