Subsurface 4.7.6 and Subsurface-mobile 2.0.1 released

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I'm actually doing this. I don't have any full videos properly set up for it yet, but I've been refining the process.

I am using DashWare to create the overlay. DashWare is made for doing exactly that...Gopro type footage with GPS mapping. It's designed for Racing (lap times, speed, course map, and position), Mountain Biking (Speed, heading, elevation profile), Skiing (same telemetry as mtn bike), Drone Footage, etc....

It's quite labor intensive for diving, as the software is more streamlined for the other applications, but I'm getting good results so far. I will post a dedicated thread for it with the workflow, some examples, and screen shots. Give me a few days to prepare it. :thumb:

Yes, I'm actually doing this. I don't have any full videos properly set up for it yet, but I've been refining the process.

I am using DashWare to create the overlay. :thumb:

I once looked at DashWare and the only supplied instrumentation for scuba data looked ugly and dated. I never did get around to seeing how I could just overlay text on the screen with no borders or outlines.

The dive computer (as far as I know) does not report decompression data when talking to the PC.
My Perdix does report deco data. I just looked it up on Subsurface mobile and it is shown as red field on top of dive graph. For some reason (probably update related) it did not do so in first half of last year.
Not at home PC right now, so talking from memory, Subsurface is calculating deco according to your preferences set, and shows deco ceilings as green overlay on top of dive graph. But it can also show actual deco ceilings as reported by your dive computer, as red overlay.

My Perdix does report deco data.

But it can also show actual deco ceilings as reported by your dive computer, as red overlay.

The Perdex may actually export that data, but my Luna does not....

Curious, if your Perdix is exporting that data to subsurface, are you able to successfully export that data from Subsurface via CSV?

The Perdex may actually export that data, but my Luna does not....

Curious, if your Perdix is exporting that data to subsurface, are you able to successfully export that data from Subsurface via CSV?
Screenshot (28).png

No, only time, depth, temperature.

Ah yeah I see. The Luna exports Date, Time in, Time out, Dive Time, Temp, Air Pressure, and Depth. But it displays all of that plus NDL, RBT, Nitrogen load bar graph, and O2 load or Tank Bar graph depending on settings.

Are you still planning on doing this? What software do you use to merge your overlays with the video?

Here is a demo of what I am doing. The video is only a small excerpt from a longer video with the overlay added.

Can you overlay a smoother font?

This video (obviously not mine) has the display I would like to mimic.

-Moe, Yes of course, I actually had to work hard to make it look pixelated, exactly like the Luna/Sol display LOL. But I will start a new thread for the overlay specifically. :wink:

This video (obviously not mine) has the display I would like to mimic.

That overlay is actually produced by the Paralenz camera unit, it is a feature which can be switched on and off. For that reason, there could possibly be some TM/CR issues if copied exactly, but way easy to mimic without infringement.

I'm working on the Overlay thread now

Back
Top Bottom