Substitute For Scubapro Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GaryBDavis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I love my Scubapro Jet Fins with one exception. They are just too negatively buoyant. Is there an obvious alternative that has the same performance but closer to neutral buoyancy?

I really like the Dive Rite EXPs. They are a stiff paddle fin, much lighter than Jets, and slightly longer in the blade for the same foot pocket size. They come with spring straps, too.

I use mares quatros when i dont need the weight. they are only slightly negative so they will sink.

Thanks for all the replies. Nothing like fin selection to make your head spin. I found a set of used OMS Splipstreams in XXL with springstraps for $75 including shipping. I'm hoping they fit the same as my XXL jetfins (the new XXL size they introduced a couple of years ago). I wear a size 10 Seasoft 6mm hard sole boot. Will report back in a couple of weeks with my feedback. Thanks

I dove the Slipstreams this past week. I'd say they solved the buoyancy issue. The XXL Slipstream foot pocket is just a tab bit bigger than the Jetfin in the same size (new XXL sizing that is). Overall, they felt about the same, just a tad lighter.

Funny thing is my insta-buddy was diving Jetfins and commented that he went from Slipstreams to Jetfins cause his feet were too light. Perhaps we could have just traded fins and saved each other some money...:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom