Submersible hand-held sonar NORCROSS MARINE DF 2200PX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarineMammal

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi, I didn't know where else to post this, anybody used one of these for diving?

NORCROSS DF2200PX PORTABLE DEPTH

I'd like to know if its going to flood on me and die when I take it to depth or will it hold up? I've used them from boats before (not my own) and they work well but I've never taken one down with me. Looks good since I primarily shore dive in Monterey where you can rarely see the seafloor beyond 15-20 feet.

Any thoughts?

I have one, but would never consider taking it underwater. It only has one o-ring and even though it says it is depth rated, it stays at the surface.

Hmm, maybe some teflon tape on the threads will help.... Since I'm shore diving I can't leave it on the boat. Where does it seal? Is it like a flashlight?

The o-ring is the seal. Teflon tape is not going to help but hurt. If the money spent on one is nothing to you then go for it.

I would ask though why you think you need one for shore diving in Monterey? Most of the dive sites are fully mapped. I doubt it reads accurately in the kelp. Plus you can just go and explore not knowing where you are going :)

I have one. The first one I attempted to use underwater and it did not meet expectations...aka the "Waterproof to 200 Ft (61 M) Depths for Diving" feature. It went back immediately to West Marine and was replaced. The replacement unit has never been submerged to test that feature.

Just my experience.

Sigh, I was really hoping it would be worth it, but apparently it's a red herring. Thanks for the feedback. Just trying to maximize my bottom time and descend where the large halibut are.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom