Submerging in soup- Ft Stage 13 MAY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSixString

Contributor
Reaction score
Went out to Cape Ann today. The weather was horrible. All of rockport was blown out. So i dove ft stage. Viz was MAYBE 5 ft. Max depth 20 ft. Temp approx 46 degrees. There was significant surge and undertow in close

Aside from my neckseal allowing sea into my drysuit, my bc inflator leaking like crazy (20ft for 15 minutes and burned 1000 psi), and my gout making me wish i had no feet, all was well.

On a side note, I stopped by cathedral rocks. Doesn't look as bad as i thought. But it looked murderous on a day like today.

localdivah:
Pretty hardcore -- how high were they breaking? Any other divers in sight?
At pebble beach, they were around 3 and 1/2 no divers there, I didn't even get out of the car. I'm not sure about cathedral rock, it was worse i didn't get in the water but tasted it from the road :wink:

Stage fort was much better 2 feet maybe and only breaking in really close. The current was moving hard enough that it was difficult to maintain postition, at least when only one foot is working right :wink: Saw 2 lobster divers at stage fort park. The parking lots were all but empty

Back
Top Bottom