Submerged house boat by Windy Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DA Aquamaster:
I am still sure the fiberglass hull is structurally shot and I still have hopes of obtaining it cheaply and then cleaning it up for a good overhead environment training site.

In fact that's exactly why I'm interested in it, for wreck training. It would be good to train in a place where your life doesn't depend on your guideline, however I'm sure it's full of entaglement hazards from electrical wiring etc.
Not that there's a wreck penetration instructor in Austin that I know of...

Call Oak Hill Scuba, they are one of the more technically inclined shops in town, they may know if there is one around Austin.

wet-willie:
I am hoping to get in the water this weekend somewhere. No definite plans yet. I have only been to Travis once. Fellow scubaboard member, uthrom, and I met and did two dives on the private side on 9-30. He is from Austin and did his checkout dives there. I had a great time and enjoyed meeting a new scubaboard buddy.

I dunno - I might be up for some diving at some point. My last day of work this year will be Dec 9th or the 12th, depending on how busy we are.. So I'll have plenty of time to do anything I want.

Now if you can only convince me to get into the water at Travis... (I just finished reading the thread about drysuits and various mm wet suits) :)

- d.

Greetings from your fellow drysuit buddy -

Ever find that house boat? I did the Valhalla trip about a month ago...diving in a missile silo is just wierd.

Wanted to get down to Austin - maybe go take that Scientific Diver class at Aquarena Springs or get a couple of deco dives in at Travis..

Aquarena sounds like the place to go when it gets cold - have you ever been there?

Sooo...buy that dry suit yet? ;-)

Daylon

sharkster:
Has anyone seen it? Is it an easy penetration? I hear it's a long swim from the private side entry point but I've never went looking for it myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom