Subgravity Paragon harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It took me a bit of studying the photos and goinf back to your text to understand what you have going on there. Plesse correct me if I am wrong....you have rigged this on a single length of webbing and extend the shoulder strap by unhooking the two parts of the buckle from each other.

If that is correct then that is genious, but is not what I am looking to do....my wife would like a harness with adjustable shoulder straps to make it easier to don/doff....I am an intersted in not dropping a bunch of coin on a prefab adjustable harness and instead just modify her hogarthian harness. If modifying hers works well I would be interested in modifying mine to make easier to adapt between my wet and dry suits.

But I still think what you have designed here is great.

Would you mind sharing where tou sourced your buckles from?

The buckles are the ones on the first page. I live in the UK and got them locally. They must be available worldwide — I thought someone had listed a supplier (mine was DirDirect.com)

It’s exactly as you said; when closed there’s no affect on the harness. When open, for removal of the harness, it gives you 6 to 8 inches, enough to slip your hand (with dry gloves cuff) under the harness to get the strap off your shoulder. Then you can twist around and hold your rig as you pull out your other arm and tie the rig to the boat.

I've always put the break on the left hand side. This is the traditional DIR "working side" where you hang stages, so is normally clear of 'stuff' once the stages are off.

N.B. you can’t stow a spare torch on your harness if using the break as the torch would go over the break. I’ve nearly always stashed the torch on the right hand side, another reason for rigging the break on the LHS.

Back
Top Bottom