Sub-par gear from mail order ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jshimmer

Reaction score
My dive instructor made this statement about "online mail order" for dive gear:

"Alot of the gear you purchase via mail order is reconditioned (new), factory seconds or otherwise sub-par in comparison to the product you purchase at your local dive shop (i.e., the one I'm taking my classes through)."

Any comments?

I have ordered a great deal of merchandise online. I order from well-known(at least on this dive board) resellers. Many of these resellers have warranties that are just as good or if not better than the manufac. All the goods I have received have been first rate quality with not a grease mark , fingerprint or scratch on them. I am sure there are those less than reputable sellers-there are with anything-brick and mortar or internet, but I haven't delt with them...yet.

LOL! -- as if you are going to get a straight answer from an employee of an LDS regarding mail order dive gear......

This may be the case if you are buying stuff from E-Bay, but there are plenty of reputable in-line dive retailers to buy stuff from these days.

Originally posted by Frog
Jshimmer...3 words

Simply not true.

I certainly hope not, nor did I *really* think so, but it's best to see what others had to say.

The way I look at it, most every online (mail order) dive suppliers is SOMEBODY'S local dive shop ... :)

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom