Sub Forums

Sub Forums

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay. I understand that we not talking Classifieds. I'm not opposed to seeing what develops in an Explore Diving > Vintage Diving & Equipment > Vintage Tanks & Valves.
I don't expect much volume, but then for someone interested in the topic, I agree that it might be an easier way to find relevant discussions than searching the entire Vintage Forum.
And as a way to continue the discussions that used to live on the VDH site, that has value as well.

I am so ready for the water . . .

Attachments

• 2d7faec56be8ac88868a5b4ed04537cd.jpg
    2d7faec56be8ac88868a5b4ed04537cd.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 44
Historically, we look for about 25 upvotes on a suggestion. Once you settle on exactly what you want, start a thread in the Suggestions (to improve ScubaBoard) forum.

Parent subforum for Classifieds has all of the child subforums which includes Vintage. This is linked to from the vintage subforum that this post is part of. We go from Forums-Marketplace-Classified-Vintage
View attachment 754631

Where we are here Forum-Explore-Vintage has no subforums beneath Vintage to organize threads.
View attachment 754632
We are trying to have Forums-Explore-Vintage-Vintage Single Hose Regulators and the other ones listed to try to help organize the content. Not terribly useful if people are using the search function but if they are browsing it does help considerably to have the extra layer of topics and for guys like me I always look at that header to figure out "Where" I am to make sure I am responding appropriately.

Just a sticky at the top of this, or forum to be named later, could provide a quick link to the aforementioned forums.

huh? There is nowhere to link too at this point that's what we are trying to have created.

There will be forums made, but for ones that already exist, a link could be used rather than reinventing the wheel. I was just suggesting a solution for what i quoted.

It could be done at the top of this forum now, as a start. @Akimbo

I am not totally sure what link you are suggesting. We do not really know how much longer VDH message board will be around. So if the suggestion is to link to those forums, that is not an option.

Maybe I am totally misunderstanding the suggestion...

AFAIK, There is an effort to archive all of the information from VDH, so non of the content is lost, including all the catalogs and manuals. But the live forums are most likely not going to be supported as live forums. I have no idea how soon this will happen.

There will be forums made, but for ones that already exist, a link could be used rather than reinventing the wheel. I was just suggesting a solution for what i quoted.

It could be done at the top of this forum now, as a start. @Akimbo
ahh, yeah none of the 5 in the poll already exist anywhere else. Classifieds is the only one that already exists and is already linked. We can't link to the VDH forum because it is going to be archived relatively soon. This is an effort to move the active discussion topics from that board over here.

I’m trying to figure out which subjects should be separated out but I can’t make up my mind based on what’s listed.
I don’t think there’s enough volume in the vintage forum to justify separating anything out.

We do not really know how much longer VDH message board will be around.

Is there a possibility that the Vintage Double Hose forum owner would be interested in merging their forums into ScubaBoard? If so, contact @The Chairman. VDH could keep the rest of their forum and link to ScubaBoard for forums if that works for them.

I see they run on phpBB Forum Software. There "might" be an import option into the xenForo software that ScubaBoard runs on. If that was the case, all the VDH forums could be transferred, probably under our Vintage forums. We would have to look deeper into how to handle VDH's Marketplace / Classifieds forums. It is easy to rename, move, merge, and add forums once imported into xenForo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom