Stupid Question???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your goal is to be clear and concise - I have seen 1-tank trip/2-tank trip far more often than I have seen 1 dive trip/2 dive trip. Until you put up that 2 dive trip is right next to 1 dive trip, I would have the same question - maybe worded a bit better.

Even then its not clear your site says

Single Dive Trips
Two Dive Trip
One Dive Trip

So one the first line it is Single "Dive Trip"
but on the next line which uses very similar language it is "Two Dive" Trip, see how that is confusing?

I'm not making fun of a potential customer, I am trying to figure out how to be clear and concise so that my website accurately communicates my intent. It is apparently not easy at all.

Those of you not in this business also need to remember, in a couple of weeks, I will be responsible for this person.

Ah! I went out to your site and now I understand...it may very well be a stupid question because it couldn't be any more clear on the web-site that $45 is a 1 tank dive. Wow. I didn't realize people would do just a 1 tank trip...not worth my effort but for the casual vacation diver perhaps it is a nice package.

dang fred... I just looked at your website and it's pretty freaking clear to me.....

It says Single trips
then one dive
then two dives

about the only thing better to do would be

one tank/dive per trip.................... $45
two tank/dives per trip...................$80

grand-bahama-scuba.jpg

I'm not making fun of a potential customer, I am trying to figure out how to be clear and concise so that my website accurately communicates my intent. It is apparently not easy at all.

Simple:

Two dives in a.m. $80

One dive at night $25

Ask for additional details on all trips.

Those of you not in this business also need to remember, in a couple of weeks, I will be responsible for this person.

Yeah, and you can't even write a cogent sentence!

:eyebrow:

Thank you RJP, I will make the grammar corrections with the next adjustment of the website.

The reason I took down the 'one tank dive' and 'two tank dive' is because I got tired of people asking if they could do the two tank dive with one tank because they didn't think they could lift two tanks, or because their BC would only take one tank!

Thank you RJP, I will make the grammar corrections with the next adjustment of the website.

The reason I took down the 'one tank dive' and 'two tank dive' is because I got tired of people asking if they could do the two tank dive with one tank because they didn't think they could lift two tanks, or because their BC would only take one tank!

you should sell those people this t-shirt

shutup_anddive_small.jpg

dang fred... I just looked at your website and it's pretty freaking clear to me.....

It says Single trips
then one dive trip
then two dive trip

Read it closer and you'll see that it's actually not very clear at all, other than to be pretty clear how the emailer could be confused.

As written it clearly tells the reader that there are "single dive trips" available, and that for $45 you can get one trip and for $80 you can get two of them. Still doesn't tell how many dives per trip.

:eyebrow:

Of course it should also be "single-dive trips" and not "single dive trips" - unless they are trips for people who are not married.

:shocked2:

You and the customer make a perfect match. Let us know how this works out........

I wouldn't be too concerned yet. I have seen a lot of commercial websites where the author meant one thing while most would interpret it differently. I have developed the habit of asking stupid questions. I might call a store and ask "Do you have number 6 widgets."

Yes.

In store?

Yes.

Can I stop by at 4:30 and buy one?

Of course (idiot!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom