Stung by a Lionfish (trained pro - on purpose) NOT me!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LStewart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I figured this would be some good info for any of us diving near these types of fish. Pretty to look at but stay clear!

The video is from Coyote Peterson with Brave Wilderness youtube channel. I'm neither affiliated with nor advocate his behavior. He's nuts and must be really into pain but he does make fairly entertaining videos.

2d76jnm.jpg

I've seen a few of that guy's videos. Eventually he'll find something that will kill him.

As someone that has been nicked by these buggers, I can honestly say his response is quite valid. Although with me my incident wasn't intentional, just basic user error handling them during a hunting trip while in Cozumel. Hell on earth with the strength of a million suns would describe the pain that I endured.

My little bother tried to pop caps from his capgun with his fingnails. I am pretty sure this is just a guy thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom