Stuff on the way to Cochran

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cnherrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, my Gemini (TU and WU) are on their way to Cochran. I'm excited to have them give my 'puter the once over and to be back diving integrated again. I really like dealing with Cochran tech support - so far they've been very gracious with me. I'm diving a Commander + in my console with new N batteries and it just keeps on working. I recently got a lightly used Commander for my grandson, and dived it last week in Coz, Roatan and Belize and with new N batteries it works flawlessly. I did cycle through the settings and turned off the Taclite to save battery energy.

Sadly, Cochran will no longer service the Commander or the Commander +, but will honor my Gemini. However, these units are so bullet proof, I hope to keep them diving for quite some time.

I've never heard many "real-life" stories with these computers. Care to expand on your experiences? Funny thing, they are right up the street from me.

I've dived my Cochran Gemini integrated (TU and WU) and my Commander + (in a console) with NitrOx on a Liveaboard at the Turks and Caicos and many, many times (well, let's say 50+) on Cozumel and off San Diego. Having redundant computers is comforting, and the Commander + and Gemini reported with great precision. I really like the tap-on Taclite feature of the Gemini. I keep the Taclite off on my Commander + because I rarely use it and I prefer to get longer battery life.

I have little experience with other computers, but I do like the fact that the Cochrans are not conservative out-of-the-box but can be toggled in settings to become conservative. And the only tool you'll ever really need with a Cochran is a 25-cent coin.

I've never heard many "real-life" stories with these computers. Care to expand on your experiences? Funny thing, they are right up the street from me.
lemke,

Please contact Tony in Customer Service at 800.856.3483 or wait till the end of the month and I (John - sales manager) will be in town and will give you a tour of our facility and show you our computers. Currently I'm in Europe on a training exercise.
Thank you

We are new to ScubaBoard so sorry for the delay in responding.

Have a great day!

Safe Diving
John

Back
Top Bottom